Techtextil student competition
In 2017, Techtextil – International Trade Fair for Technical Textiles and Nonwovens is organizing the 14th 'Textile Structures for New Building' contest. As in the years before the international association TensiNet is supporting the contest as a sponsor with prize money amounting to € 8,000. Furthermore the contest will be medially accompanied and supported by our media partner Architonic.
Prof. Dr. Dr. E.h. Dr. h.c. Werner Sobek, director of the Institute for Lightweight Structures and Conceptual Design (ILEK), University of Stuttgart, was responsible for the professional and technical supervision of the competition.
This competition is designed to identify innovative thinking and innovative solutions to problems, featuring construction projects capable of concrete realisation which use textiles or textilereinforced materials. A further aim is to encourage students and new entrants to the professions. The competition is further intended to strengthen contacts between the younger generation, the universities, the technical-textiles industry and broad sections of the building industry.
The next student competition “Textile Structures for New Building” is scheduled for 2019.
- Techtextil student competition 2017
- Slideshow “TEXTILE STRUCTURES FOR NEW BUILDING“ 20
- Techtextil student competition 2015
- Techtextil student competition 2013
- Techtextil student competition 2011
- Techtextil student competition 2009
- Techtextil student competition 2007
- Techtextil student competition 2005
- Techtextil student competition 2003