Essener Membranbau Symposium 2018
This year, the Institute for Metal and Lightweight Structures of the University of Duisburg-Essen organizes the Essener Membranbau Symposium for the fourth time. The objective of the symposium is the exchange between experts in the fields of research, design and execution of membrane structures. The presentations consider up-to-date topics of particular interest:
- Overview over the state of the art in the standardization work for membrane structures and tents and the use of stainless steel,
- Determination of real stress and deformation of structural membranes in large-scale membrane component tests,
- Overview over past and current tent structures,
- Dimensioning of steel cables for membrane structures conforming to standards,
- Impact of atmospheric exposure and loading on chemical structure and mechanical properties of ETFE foils,
- New software solutions for formfinding and integration of CAD-data in the FE-model,
- A novel architectural woven membrane with coloured patterns for the Al Bayt stadium in Qatar,
- Development and use of large-scale umbrellas as roofing.
Papers will be published in the proceedings.
The conference language will be German.